"Just like moons and like suns,
with the certainty of tides,
just like hopes springing high,
still I'll rise."
Tayla has over 15 years of experience and training in working with teenagers and young adults that have endured traumatic experiences. They have worked in group home, university, community based, and non-profit settings.
Tayla has successfully worked with clients with complex post-traumatic stress and co-occurring concerns including anxiety, attachment wounds, self-harming behaviors, suicidal attempts/ ideations, and addictions in teenagers and adults.
Additionally, they have worked with foster and adoptive families, teenagers with DJJ involvement, life adjustments, and relationship issues.
Tayla has extensive education, training, and experience applied to survivors of sex trafficking and exploitation. They conduct various seminars and provides consultation related to this population.
When not in the office, Tayla can be found curled up with a book or exploring the outdoors. They enjoy traveling, reading, and playing sports. They have an appreciation for art, music, nature, and new experiences.
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC #6611) & Licensed Professional Counselor Supervisor (LPCS #8669) in the State of South Carolina.
- National Certified Counselor (NCC #342271) credential, which is awarded by the National Board for Certified Counselors.
- Tayla graduated from Gardner Webb University, with a Master’s in Mental Health Counseling and an Education Specialist degree in Professional Counseling. Tayla also attended Converse College as an Undergraduate with a Bachelor’s in Psychology and a Minor in History.
Juliana believes in providing a safe and nonjudgmental space, to allow for the best opportunity to explore emotional healing and growth. Juliana focuses on having an encouraging and professional relationship with others so that one day they can go out into the world with an abundance of skills and stronger sense what they can accomplish on their own.
It is Juliana’s personal goal that all client’s work to experience unconditional self-acceptance and a deeper understand of what it means to priorities one’s mental health.
Juliana has successfully worked with people that struggle with self-esteem, self-harm, anxiety issues, history of trauma, and ongoing depressions. She is trained to provide EMDR services, Applied Suicide Intervention Training, and assists with dissociation tendencies. Juliana has experience with working with Children, Adolescents, and Adults for a variety of needs.
Outside of work, Juliana enjoys spending quality time with loved ones, catching up with friends, and traveling to far off destinations. Juliana has a strong love for animals (especially dogs) and enjoys everything Disney related.
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC #7930) in the State of South Carolina.
- National Certified Counselor (NCC #1233393) credential, which is awarded by the National Board for Certified Counselors.
- Juliana graduated from Clemson University with a Master’s in Mental Health Counseling and an Education Specialist degree in Professional Counseling. Juliana also attended Samford University with a Bachelor’s degree in Human Development and Family Sciences.
Alex is a compassionate and laid-back LGBTQ+ counselor who is dedicated to creating a safe and inclusive space for individuals from all walks of life. She is a passionate advocate for women's rights and actively supports minority and LGBTQ+ communities that are affected by today's systems. They strive to empower their clients to embrace their individuality and find their unique place in the world.
Born and raised in Puerto Rico, they are fluent in English and Spanish and possess a deep understanding of cultural diversity and the challenges of cultural adjustment and shock.
Alex firmly believes in the inherent dignity and value of every person, fostering a nonjudgmental and accepting environment for their clients.
Alex employs a variety of therapeutic approaches so that each session is tailored to each client's unique needs. They have successfully worked with individuals to navigate religious trauma, cope with the aftermath of sexual assault and childhood abuse, manage daily anxiety and depression, and adjust to major life transitions.
Outside of the counseling room, you can often find Alex nurturing their collection of plants, savoring a cup of coffee, or playfully engaging with their beloved cat companion. Their interests include binging all seasons of Drag Race, playing Fortnite with friends, and listening to true crime podcasts.
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC #8513) in the State of South Carolina.
- National Certified Counselor (NCC #) credential, which is awarded by the National Board for Certified Counselors.
- Alex graduated from Walden University with a Master’s in Clinical Mental Health Counseling. Alex also attended Johnson & Wales University with a Bachelor’s degree in Tourism & Hospitality Management